Neon Vs. LED
- Price: LEDs tend to be around 10 - 20% less expensive to purchase then Neon.
- Power usage: LED displays use between 5 and 10 times less power than a comparable neon sign, leading to significant long-term cost savings.
- Maintenance: Neon tubes have to have their gasses periodically refilled, something that is best left to a (costly) professional. LED signs require virtually no maintenance and can last up to around a decade before needing to be replaced.
- Environmentalism: Neon signs are easily broken, being made of glass, and contain noxious gasses, which leak out. LED does not have this problem.
- Brightness: LED displays are far brighter than neon. They can be seen from further away, even in broad daylight.